zondag 17 januari 2010

Achies, Gearscore and "HAXX"

Here's a (nice?) piece of ranting. Do note that most of this comes from personal experiences and emotions.

There are a lot of stupid and dumb people in the World of Warcraft. There are some who like to think they've got a solution to it: 'Achies'.
First of all, you've got to have proof nowadays that you know what you're doing. Therefore people resort to "Achies" and the like. And what if the character you're playing is just an alt and that your main is Kungen from Ensidia? You still don't get invited, just because that specific character doesn't have X Achievement for Y instance. Elitist nonsense!

Second of all my least favorite: Gearscore. These days, when I look around in the trade channel there's one thing that strikes me: people identify themselves with a number. "5124 GS X Class LF Y instance". People should be chosen because they are good and not because when you do some math their gear comes out at some high number (often faked as well!)

My last piece of rant today: "HAXX". Yesterday, during a Warsong Gulch match on one of my alts, some priest started telling me I "HAXXd!". He claimed that I used something called "Walhaxx" and that I "will bann bc of HAXX". I didn't understand anything he said but the words "HAXX", "u!" and "reporded".
The funny thing is, when I tried explaining that it was a priest levitating up a wall, he said that that was me. That I "HAXX ppl".
If you start accusing people, look at the facts available. A priest using the levitate spell walking up a wall is the fault of a Tree Druid who's throwing out buffs and heals downstairs? Don't think so! And when you're accusing somebody, write in a way the other person actually understands what you're talking about.
Also, the fact that you know the NAMES of various "HAXX" makes YOU more suspicious than somebody who doesn't understand what they are!

In less words: people don't like using their brains and no longer trust people they don't know.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten